Secondary MX service
Running your own mail server can provide you with more control but what happens if:
- Your internet connection drops
- The server is rebooted or is taken offline for maintenance
- You have a power failure
- Your server is temporarily overloaded
In order to cope with those eventualities and others you'll need a backup mail server.
Using our Secondary MX, our servers will accept mail when your server can't and will forward mail to your server as soon as it is available.
How it works
- Your domain name is added to our backup mail servers
- A secondary MX record is setup in the DNS for your domain that points to the backup mail server
- If mail cannot reach your server for any reason the senders server will deliver the mail to the backup server
Price: £60.00 per year + VAT per domain name
Further information about Mail Only Hosting Packages
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please ask by either calling 0870 003044 or 01745 586070 or submit a query
What our customers say ..
Really appreciated the quick email responses that allowed this issue to be completed quickly. Thanks Chris. - M